Talented Project Management Professional (PMP®) with extensive Information Technology and software development experience. Decisive, action-oriented
project leader with a proven record of delivering project results on time and within budget. Proactive
, combines strong business instinct with demonstrated leadership skills. Core competencies include:
- Project Management
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Client Relations
- Change Management
- Management and Administration
- Spanish language fluency
- 11 years Software Development experience
- 10 years Project Management experience
, Portland, OR
July 2009 – present
Senior Web Project Manager
CAMAS-WASHOUGAL COOPERATIVE PRESCHOOL
- Communication and coordination lead between clients and developers on internal and external web and mobile application projects.
- Set project milestones and tracked progress, including budget and schedule constraints.
- Managed many projects simultaneously, slotting new projects into overall schedule to keep resources balanced.
- Prepared detailed project proposals in consultation with engineering and executive management.
, Camas, WA
July 2010 – present
OREGON REAL ESTATE FORMS, LLC
- Prepared annual budget ($100k) for organization; communicated budget to full board for approval.
- Managed four employees, including annual contract preparation, performance reviews, and salary negotiations
- Increased enrollment by over 10%, which in turn increased the financial and enrollment stability of the organization.
- Led monthly executive and full board meetings. Directed other officers to ensure the organization was running smoothly and efficiently.
- Spearheaded effort to overhaul antiquated and cumbersome registration process.
- Redesigned and released new website, leveraging Wordpress to meet strategic organizational goals.
- Introduced and trained the team on new tools to increase team communication and collaboration.
, Portland, OR
August 2005 - July 2009
- Tasked with managing all aspects of software development at OREF, including managing all technical support and training needs.
- Led to successful completion projects involving several organizations with competing interests.
- Provide quarterly status reports to Board of Managers. Solicit requirements from Board on large-scale projects. Ensure that all Board IT projects are carried out to successful completion.
- Prepared annual budget for software development, training and technical support departments.
, Portland, OR
August 2002 - August 2005
Senior Applications Developer
- Effectively led a process improvement initiative resulting in an updated software development and QA process that better meets the needs of current and upcoming projects.
- Successfully managed to completion projects of various sizes and scopes resulting in high customer satisfaction.
- Effectively trained, motivated and mentored junior level developers and QA technicians.
- Elicited requirements from various stakeholders and customers resulting in complete and concise requirements documents.
- Developed overall project schedule, set milestones and tracked project process leading to an on-time completion.
- Presented project progress, beta releases, and final product to various stakeholder organizations.
- Played many different roles in organization including Project Manager, Programmer, Requirements Engineer, Team Lead, Usability Engineer
- Developed efficient, concise and well-documented solutions to bugs in legacy application.
- Educated in developing web applications using ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
SEATTLE UNIVERSITY, Seattle, WA
April 2002 - August 2002
Web Development Specialist
- Streamlined web request process by creating online ASP tool and corresponding administrative interface, allowing Network Administrators to view, close and track open request tickets.
- Developed ASP solution to issues involving the implementation of hit counters on student, faculty, staff and department sites.
- Investigated and corrected problems with ASP/XML proprietary course management application.
HANRICK ASSOCIATES, Seattle, WA
February 2001 - November 2001
- Maintained ASP code and SQL database for million-dollar e-commerce site, including the implementation of creative solutions to fit new features into existing site structure.
- Responsible for entire projects, from initial concept to front-end/back-end implementation to release and maintenance.
- Assumed responsibility for software development project and later became responsible for entire project including web application development, which included managing four other programmers.
- Evaluated incoming tasks such as bug reports, client requests, and programming issues and delegated items to the appropriate team member when necessary allowing team members to focus primarily on high-priority work.
- Coordinated effort with client and Hanrick team to create work plan that met the client's expectations while maintaining its original scope as outlined in contract to avoid out-of-scope expense.
- Tested and approved software builds/web application changes for successful release to client.
- Responsible for technical evaluation during the interview process of prospective new hires.
ROVER ROJO, LLC, Bellingham, WA
December 1999 - July 2001
- Worked with clients to create websites that exceeded their expectations.
- Built company website, including front-end and back-end work.
- Responsible for day-to-day business operations including marketing and advertising.
- UNIX/NT server administration.
RESIDENTIAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES, WWU, Bellingham, WA
June 1999 - August 2000
Webmaster and Publications Specialist
Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
- Collaborated on large-scale CD project that involved the design and construction of an HTML-based orientation guide to be distributed to all incoming students.
- Responsible for entire technology section of CD, including all design and coding.
- Led team of three coders.
- Helped design and construct new website for organization.
- Designed and created new logo for site.
, Project Management Institute, 10/2004
Bachelors of Arts
, Spanish Language and Literature. Minor: Computer Science. Western Washington University, 12/2000
Project Management Institute, member since 8/2004. IT SIG (Special Interest Group) member.